[GRASS-user] Loading LPC data in GRASS

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Thu Mar 25 14:23:34 PDT 2021

Hi Andreas,

On Wed, Mar 24, 2021 at 9:23 PM Andreas Yankopolus <andreas at yank.to> wrote:
> Trying the tutorial in https://grass.osgeo.org/grass78/manuals/addons/r.in.pdal.html, I get the following error message when trying to read a .laz file with r.in.pdal:

Please note that the tutorial you cite belongs to the GRASS GIS
*addon* r.in.pdal which is a Python script.
You can install it with

g.extension r.in.pdal

and it does not require any recompilation of GRASS GIS itself.

(and yes, it is less fancy and slower than the upcoming C
implementation by Maris which you downloaded via PR).

> ERROR: The input dataset has undefined projection

This is a data problem but can be handled.

> I have pdal installed locally and am not using a Docker container for it. What should I be doing differently to load LPC data?

The local PDAL installation is fine for the r.in.pdal *addon*.

HTH,

Markus

--
Markus Neteler, PhD