[GRASS-user] r.stream.oder

Giuseppe Amatulli giuseppe.amatulli at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 14:29:21 PDT 2021

Dear all,
I'm running r.stream.order in order to derive strahler order with the
following line:
r.stream.order  stream_rast=stream direction=dir elevation=elv
 accumulation=flow strahler=order_strahler  memory=40000
The flow and the dir has been derived by r.watershed.
The stream by r.stream.extract
The command does not produce any error, nonetheless the final output
presents some streames labeled as -1 (black color in the figure below).
Reading the C code I could understand that the -1 is the initialized value
for all the streams.
Consider that, the -1 can happen everywhere from the 2nd order down to the
9th-order.
Does anyone point to me what the problem is or where should I check it?
Thanks
Giuseppe

[image: image.png]
--