[GRASS-user] disappearing d.mon

Benjamin Ducke benducke at fastmail.fm
Wed May 12 07:17:47 PDT 2021

On 12/05/2021 13:30, Dave Roberts wrote:
> Colleagues,
>
>      Finally, after probably a year I now have no errors about
> incompatible versions of wxwidgets, wxpython, and GRASS.  However, when
> I execute
>
> d.mon wx0
>
> it pops up the box, but which then spontaneously disappears after about
> 10-15 seconds.  It leaves behind the MONITORS/wx0 file.  Honestly I'm
> pretty much at my wits end with wxwidgets.
>
> I run manjaro(arch) linux with the the custom build by Sylvain Poulain at
>
> https://github.com/giscan/AUR-grass
>
> uname -a
> Linux sonnyboy 5.4.116-1-MANJARO #1 SMP PREEMPT Sun May 2 11:10:35 UTC
> 2021 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>
> Thanks in advance for any help, Dave

Same here:
- Arch Linux
- grass 7.8.5
- GTK 3.24.29
- wxGTK2/3 3.0.5
- system Python 3.9.4

After a 'd.mon start=wxN', the monitor comes
up, I can use 'd.*' commands to draw into it.
I can resize and move the window, and I can
interact with the UI elements in the icon and
status bars. However: When I move the mouse
cursor inside the monitor's map canvas, d.mon
crashes and closes its window (after a delay
of a few seconds).

I can then use 'd.mon stop=wxN' and start
the monitor again, with the same behaviour
as above.

Best,

Ben