[GRASS-user] bayesian belief network analysis (was r.binfer)

Donovan Cameron sault.don at gmail.com
Fri May 28 19:20:09 PDT 2021

Evening,

I'm attempting to analyze a set of layers (slope, aspect, vegetation,
soil, etc) that have been coded/scored based on expert opinion to output
a probability/suitability map.

I'm looking to apply a bayesian belief network [1] and i've got the
raster layers ready for the inputs and coded like seen in this figure [2].

There was a grass4 module called r.binfer [3] that did this and I can't
seem to find it with GRASS 78 - deprecated or replaced?

Searches lead me to either r.regression.multi [4] or r.learn.ml [5] but
i'm not sure where to start with these to get a BBN processed thru them.

SaultDon

[1] https://www.gislounge.com/gis-bayesian-belief-networks/
[2]
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0169204618307497#f0010