[GRASS-user] r.neighbors vs r.resamp.filter

Bernardo Santos bernardo_brandaum at yahoo.com.br
Wed Nov 3 06:26:05 PDT 2021

Dear all,
I am working with human infrastructure data (houses, trails, roads and railways, dams, etc) and I need to create maps of density (in space) of each type of infrastructure, for different spatial extents (i.e. considering different neighborhood sizes). So far I've been using r.neighbors to do this, but some colleagues and collaborators are using r.resamp.filter instead. I took a good look at each and made some tests to compare, but I am not sure what are the real differences between each. Has this been developed or discussed somewhere?
My inputs are rasterized versions of points, lines, or polygon features.

If it is better, I can bring a reprex here to discuss it more deeply.
Best regards,Bernardo Niebuhr