[GRASS-user] GUI vector import column format issue [RESOLVED]

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Oct 2 07:48:43 PDT 2021

On Sat, 2 Oct 2021, Helmut Kudrnovsky wrote:

> lon,lat,depth <==
> skip=integer
>    Number of header lines to skip at top of input file (points mode)

Helmut/Mortiz,

Yes, I realized that the header needed to be removed and I could change the
column names in the database. Removing the header made no difference.

I changed the separator from ',' to '|', but what I think made the
difference is that I noticed the data files were in DOS mode; \l\f rather
than Unix mode, \n. I ran both files through dos2unix and the GUI imported
them with no issues. I keep forgetting that in the US all government
agencies use only Microsoft software and all text files need to have their
line terminators changed.

Mea culpa,

Rich