[GRASS-user] v.in.ogr ESRI fileGDB

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Sep 17 12:51:04 PDT 2021

On Fri, 17 Sep 2021, Rich Shepard wrote:

> I'll download it from the source again.

Maris/Paulo:

Same problem with a fresh download of that 1.1G zipped file. Also with one
for an adjacent reach of river miles. It is likely that the people who put
it all together (there were three consulting companies on the project) use a
version of ARC/GIS that our versions of GDAL don't understand.

In any case, since the Army Corps of Engineers maintains the navigation
channel of the Columbia River from Bonneville Dam to Buoy 7 off the mouth in
the Pacific Ocean (the bar is quite dangerous even for large freighters and
tankers) I went to the Corps web site and downloaded shapefiles for the
reach I need. They also have nice PDF maps that are good for illustration.

Thanks to both of you,

Rich