[GRASS-user] What color style for bathymetric raster map?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Sep 20 08:51:42 PDT 2021

I've a raster bathymetric map (attached) to which I've applied r.color =
'elevation' because I didn't see another style more appropriate for aquatic
environments. I'm sure there is at least one in various shades of blue and
I'd like suggestions for what to use or do to create one.

Also, is there a way to get narrower depth slices since the riverbed is
comparatively shallow and flat in this data set.

BTW, I sent a request to the appropriate data source for the name of the
most appropriate terrestrial LiDAR data set for the north side of this
river.

TIA,

Rich