[GRASS-user] What color style for bathymetric raster map?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Sep 20 09:58:20 PDT 2021

On Mon, 20 Sep 2021, Maria Cecilia Zalazar wrote:

> Hi! you can try 'water' with an histogram equalization (e flag)

Maria,

I've used r.colors only for terrestrial DEMs before and elevation was
suitable for the projects, so today's look at the manual page was too
superficial. I missed water, etopo2 and the options.

It turns out that for this data set r.colors -en provide the most
informative view of the river's bathymetry along this long reach (see
attached).

My thanks to all of you for the lessons I've learned,

Rich