[GRASS-user] Which EPSG code for location default?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Sep 23 05:38:48 PDT 2021

On Thu, 23 Sep 2021, Jeff McKenna wrote:

> On 2021-09-23 8:55 a.m., Jeff McKenna wrote:
>> NAD83 / UTM zone 10N + NAVD88
>
> It could also be that no one yet has submitted this to the EPSG geodetic
> committee, for inclusion (UTM zone 10N with that vertical datum). *hint*
> *maybe you should*  (PS I've submitted several, just use the mindset "well
> someone has to")

Jeff,

Interesting. Actually, since this project (like all of them) have data
sources using different projections I don't care which is used as long as I
can reproject data from the source to a single appropriate one. I could use
Washington State Plane (South) and that would work just as well,

> So.....all of my answers to you are very unhelpful, ha.

Not at all.

> But that's all I've got for you now.

And that's good enough.

Yet, ... I have a question: is there a way in grass to change the PROJ_INFO
in the PERMANENT mapset of a location to a new projecion? Or, do I manually
edit that file?

Thanks in advance,

Rich