[GRASS-user] Which EPSG code for location default?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Sep 23 07:54:08 PDT 2021

On Thu, 23 Sep 2021, Jeff McKenna wrote:

> - goto https://epsg.org

Jeff,

Thanks for excellent advice. I decided to be consistent and use the
NAD83(HARN)/meters EPSG for Washington South to be consistent with what I've
used in other projects and other states. That EPSG code is 2856.

Now I'll create a new location with that projection and reproject all
imported maps to that location and rename it to the project's location name.

I think it was in the late 1980s-early 1990s that I used UTM zones before
switching to State Plane Coordinates. On this project the first data set I
imported used UTM Zone 10 and I stuck with it ... until now.

Regards,

Rich