[GRASS-user] Project from UTM to State Plane & define region [UPDATE]

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Sep 23 09:02:12 PDT 2021

On Thu, 23 Sep 2021, Rich Shepard wrote:

> I need help to get out of the weeds in which I floundered. Apparently
> creating the location with the EPSG code of 2856 was insufficient to
> define all CRS parameters and the region.

Progress has been made, but there's a discrepancy in the outputs of g.proj
and g.region that I want to resolve:

g.proj -p
-PROJ_INFO-------------------------------------------------
name       : NAD83(HARN) / Washington South
datum      : nad83harn
ellps      : grs80
proj       : lcc
lat_0      : 45.3333333333333
lon_0      : -120.5
lat_1      : 47.3333333333333
lat_2      : 45.8333333333333
x_0        : 500000
y_0        : 0
no_defs    : defined
-PROJ_SRID-------------------------------------------------
SRID       : EPSG:2856
-PROJ_UNITS------------------------------------------------
unit       : meter
units      : meters
meters     : 1

g.region -p
projection: 99 (NAD83(HARN) / Washington South)
zone:       0
datum:      nad83harn
ellipsoid:  grs80
north:      1
south:      0
west:       0
east:       1
nsres:      1
ewres:      1
rows:       1
cols:       1
cells:      1

Am I correct in thinking that now I have the projection correct I can
reproject a map then set the region to it?

Rich