[GRASS-user] Issues with 8.0.dev

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Sep 23 14:17:05 PDT 2021

Today I pulled changes from the main branch, configured, built, and
installed the latest source from the 8.0.dev source.

When I start grass I see what I believe is the build number:
Welcome to GRASS GIS 8.0.dev (63fca9fb2)

There are some issues that did not occur before.

For example, I reprojected a vector map from one location to another, but
put it in the wrong mapset on the new location. I copied it from one mapset
to the other but when I try to remove it from the wrong mapset (g.mapset -p
shows features) I get an error:
> g.remove -f type=vect name=channel_contour_lines
Removing vector <channel_contour_lines>
WARNING: Illegal filename <features/>. Character </> not allowed.
WARNING: Illegal filename <features/>. Character </> not allowed.
ERROR: Vector map <channel_contour_lines> not found in current mapset
> g.list type=vect
WARNING: Illegal filename <features/>. Character </> not allowed.
channel_contour_lines
the_property

Thoughts?

Rich