[GRASS-user] Issues with 8.0.dev

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Sep 24 08:17:21 PDT 2021

On Fri, 24 Sep 2021, Micha Silver wrote:

> What do you mean by "put it in the wrong mapset"? You can't put the output
> of v.proj or r.proj into anything but the current mapset. If you tried to
> set the output name with a '/' then that's the source of the problem.

Micha,

You are, of course, correct. Yet, when the current mapset is not the one in
which you want that map it's the wrong one. It's not GRASS that put it in
the wrong mapset it was my starting grass in the wrong mapset and not
changing before importing/reprojecting.

I had target_location/mapset1 and target_location/mapset2. With grass in
target_location/mapset1 I imported the data. It belongs in mapset2. So it
was in the wrong mapset for this project. I copied it from mapset1 to
mapset2, the removed it from mapset1.

Regards,

Rich