[GRASS-user] Issues with 8.0.dev

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Sep 24 11:04:22 PDT 2021

On Fri, 24 Sep 2021, Maris Nartiss wrote:

> first – loc should be just "lon_lat" without a full path. Use dbase
> parameter if location is in a different GISDBASE.
> second – map names are without "/".

Māris,

Some times I seemed to have issues with 'first' if I didn't put in the full
path to the GISDBASE.

My fault on 'second'. I highlighted and copied rather than rekeyboarding.

> third – you do not reproject or copy to PWD. You always do actions in
> the mapset you selected at the start of GRASS work session. GRASS is
> designed with pull not push in mind – you always pull into active
> mapset. Reprojection – pull from source location/mapset to current
> mapset (and thus the CRS of current Location).

It is the in the PWD of the desired target mapset in which I start GRASS.

> Hope this helps to clarify things.

Yep. It was 1 and 2 that were the problem.

Thanks again,

Rich