[GRASS-user] imported .tif maps lose all data

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Sep 26 05:44:46 PDT 2021

On Sun, 26 Sep 2021, Micha Silver wrote:

> If that's the case, perhaps a quick `gdalinfo` loop over all 77 topography
> maps in advance will help to find the relevant ones. You get the corner
> coordinates in the gdalinfo output, so you'll be able to find those that
> overlap the project region before importing to GRASS.

Micha,

That's an excellent idea. I was going to use r.info or r.report on all maps
and build a text table of the corners, then find the minimum and maximum of
each corner and build the region using those values.

I have the lon-lat of the project area and can reproject that to State Plane
then find the one or two maps that enclose that area.

It's common for many of us who are closely focused on an issue to not see
other possibilities. Outsiders see things we don't.

Toda,

Rich