[GRASS-user] Elevation/bathymetry raster maps

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Thu Sep 30 06:45:56 PDT 2021

Am 30.09.2021 14:40 schrieb Rich Shepard:
> On Thu, 30 Sep 2021, Maris Nartiss wrote:
>
>> One option always is to set colours manually.
>
> Māris,
>
> That occurred to me: use r.mapcalc to define ranges of depth/elevation
> then
> assign a color to each.

No need for r.mapcalc if what you are looking for is coloring. Just
define a color table definition file and feed it to r.colors.

This color table file can be quite flexible, e.g. to get more
differentiated coloring between -5000 and -3000, you can use something
like this:

-5000 0:0:0
- 4000 50:50:50
- 3000 100:100:100
0 175:175:175
100% 255:255:255

Check the r.colors man page for more details.

Moritz