[GRASS-user] Mini project 2022: Week 5: Redesigning a map display status bar combo box into a new settings dialog

Linda Kladivová L.Kladivova at seznam.cz
Fri Feb 4 07:19:04 PST 2022

Hello guys,

I am sending my weekly report, it is also available here [1].

1) What did I complete this week?
On Thursday we had a videocall with Anna, Vashek and Martin and we discussed
how to arrange further work. We revised our priorities and put off the
coding related to move of Projection page for two last project weeks. Now
the priority is the statusbar combobox removal. So I have started to work on
two PRs - the first one [2] projects all changes to other Map Display
applications (as Map Swipe and others) because before further work we need
to unify our code a bit; while the second PR implements statusbar settings
via radiobuttons and also removes the combobox. For more info please see ​
(https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/2153)[3].

In the meantime, I also finished [4] which moves "Use defined projection"
checkbox to Map Display Settings.

2) What am I going to achieve for next week?
The main task for the next week is to finish both opened PRs - [2][3]. It
will lead to entire statusbar combobox removal in all Map Display related
applications because everywhere the Map Display Settings dialog will be
newly available. I will also create a new icon for Map Display settings
since the currently used icon is not suitable (we already use the same icon
e.g. in Map Swipe for the purpose of settings).

3) Is there any blocking issue?
No, it isn't.

Have a nice weekend and feel free to share any comments/suggestions/ideas! :
-)

Linda

[1] https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/wxGUIDevelopment/RedesigningStatusbar
(https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/wxGUIDevelopment/RedesigningStatusbar)