[GRASS-user] GRASS GIS 8.0.0 Stand Alone

Martin Bittens martin.bittens at gmx.de
Mon Feb 7 11:56:49 PST 2022

Hello GRASS User,

here comes an update concerning the installation of GRASS GIS addons:

In the meantime I could change the addon-download link provided by
GRASS. Using some of the 'recipes' I found in the internet I manipulated
the g.extension.py file in line 1442 by adding " patch='dev' " and
deactivating " patch=version[2] ". As a result, GRASS GIS is now calling
'/grass80/addons/grass-8.0.dev' for the download of addons. It´s not a
very professional solution because each time when the addon's web site
changing its address (what happens as far as I know with each GRASS
update) I have to made the respective adjustment in g.extension.py. But
for know it is working.

But...! The addon installation is obviously working only for addons
which are based on python scripts (e.g., v.centerline.py). Addons which
come with an exe-file are being installed with error messages and don´t
work:

g.extension extension=v.centerpoint operation=add
Downloading precompiled GRASS Addons <v.centerpoint>...
Fetching <v.centerpoint> from
<http://wingrass.fsv.cvut.cz/grass80/addons/grass-8.0.dev/v.centerpoint.zip>
(be patient)...
Updating extensions metadata file...
Updating extension modules metadata file...
WARNING: No metadata available for module 'v.centerpoint': Unable to
fetch interface description for command '<v.centerpoint>'.

Details: <C:\Program Files\GRASS GIS 8.0\extrabin\python3.exe: can't
find '__main__' module in
'C:\\Users\\Martin\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\grass8-Martin-25356\\tmpc6exzl8p\\v.centerpoint'

Installation of <v.centerpoint> successfully finished
(Mon Feb  7 16:49:42 2022) Command finished (19 sec)

So, what is the correct way for installing the GRASS GIS addons?

Regards

Martin