[GRASS-user] Mini project 2022: Week 2: Redesigning a map display status bar combo box into a new settings dialog

Linda Kladivová L.Kladivova at seznam.cz
Fri Jan 14 03:57:12 PST 2022

Hello guys,

first I would like to say that I have read the thread about Single-Window
experimental mode [1] and it is so nice to see that some of you have already
tried it out and like it!

(I can admit it - I secretly wish once we fine-tune some things like the
status bar and Single-Window becomes the default, nobody has wanted to use
Multi mode anymore. :-))

Secondly, I would like to share with you the report for this week which is
also available at [2].

1) What did I complete this week?
This week I have worked on moving the Mask widget to the main status bar
[3]. It has shown to be quite a complicated task because we need to change
the way of how the Mask in the status bar is updated. In addition, I have
opened the PR on moving the "Use defined projection" checkbox to our new Map
Display settings dialog [4].

2) What am I going to achieve for next week?
I am gonna finish the above-mentioned PRs. There is still quite lots of work
and thinking - mainly in terms of Mask.

3) Is there any blocking issue?
No, it isn't. Just regarding the rest of the week - I am leaving for the
skiing holiday today so I will start working again on Monday.

[1] https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-user/2022-January/082798.html
(https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-user/2022-January/082798.html)

[2] https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/wxGUIDevelopment/RedesigningStatusbar
(https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/wxGUIDevelopment/RedesigningStatusbar)