[GRASS-user] single window gui in main branch

Carlos Henrique Grohmann de Carvalho carlos.grohmann at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 05:01:33 PST 2022

Hello all

Just to add my experience. I compiled releasebranch_8 in Linux (Pop!OS
21.10). The single window is great! I have been using a lot o GRASS+Jupyer
lately (running things from Jupyter but with GRASS open for visualization)
and the ability to do just one alt-tab to GRASS is really nice (instead of
choosing the window to switch).

I did find it to be a bit slow to start, and also somewhat unresponsive
when resizing panels.

And while it worked fine on linux, I couldn't get it to work on Windows. Is
it not available yet? I tried the last executable from
https://wingrass.fsv.cvut.cz/grass80/x86_64/

Carlos

On Thu, Jan 13, 2022 at 4:14 PM Micha Silver <tsvibar at gmail.com> wrote:

> Wow, impressive!
>
> I especially like the search option in the right panel toolbox. Also the
> ability to switch the python and command shell to full screen is great.
>

> Best regards, and thanks for the nice work!
>
> Micha
>

> On 11/01/2022 20:16, Veronica Andreo wrote:
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > Now that single window is merged into main branch I'd like to test :)
> >
> > Where's the switch? I just updated and compiled main branch and went
> > through all tabs and options in the settings?preferences menu from the
> > GUI, but I could not find anything saying single window something.
> > What am I doing wrong here?
> >
> > Can this be related to
> >
> https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/blob/f57940e8a096c593f23b2ce3f9653547f24b8e92/gui/wxpython/core/settings.py#L156
> > been set to False? Shall I change that to True to make it appear/work?
> >
> > Build info
> > GRASS version: 8.0.dev <http://8.0.dev>
> > Code revision: 563797cd3
> > Build date: 2022-01-11
> >
> > Thanks much,
> > Vero
> > --
> > Dra. Verónica Andreo
> > Investigadora Asistente de CONICET
> > Instituto Gulich (CONAE - UNC)
> > Centro Espacial Teófilo Tabanera (CETT)
> > Falda del Cañete - Córdoba, Argentina
> > +54 3547 400000 int. 1153
> > https://veroandreo.gitlab.io/

> --
> Micha Silver
> Ben Gurion Univ.
> Sde Boker, Remote Sensing Lab
> cell: +972-523-665918

Prof. Carlos Henrique Grohmann
Institute of Energy and Environment - Univ. of São Paulo, Brazil
Editor-in-Chief - Brazilian Journal of Geology

http://carlosgrohmann.com
https://spamlab.github.io/
http://orcid.org/0000-0001-5073-5572