[GRASS-user] r.mfilter do not process map edges

Bernardo Santos bernardo_brandaum at yahoo.com.br
Mon Jan 31 22:54:16 PST 2022

Hello,
I am performing neighborhood analyses with the r.mfilter module.It is very good because of its versatility - one can define the filtering matrix as one wants.However, it does not process the edges of the map, or at least it seems so.If the filter matrix size is e.g. 25x25 pixels, the output shows the 25 pixels of the edgesimilar to the input map.
Other modules for neighborhood analyses, however, such as r.neighbors, have a way to deal with that in the borders - dealing with null values.
Does anyone know a way of having such an output - without border effects - for r.mfilter?If not, is it possible to implement it? (I cannot contribute much here because of my limited C knowledge...)
If necessary, I can provide a reprex!Thanks in advance!
Bernardo