[GRASS-user] Mini project 2023: Week 1: Improving Single-Window GUI user experience

Linda Kladivová L.Kladivova at seznam.cz
Sun Nov 27 12:25:19 PST 2022

Hello guys,

I am sending my first weekly report regarding the GRASS mini-project which
is also available here: [1].

1) What did I complete this week?
At the beginning of this week, I was a bit stuck on the Console
reorganization topic (see Issue [2]). As it is probably the most important
topic of the project, for the next weeks we better clarified how the result
should look like. To fully use the time between, I changed the timeline a
bit and first started to work on the issue of map display page (un)docking.
I set up the PR [3] for that topic and plan to continue on it next week.
Moreover, I noticed a bug appearing when a user moves a map display notebook
page (or wants to pull it out of a map display notebook).

2) What am I going to achieve for next week?

After more testing and fixing I would like to merge the above-mentioned PR
dealing with Map Display page (un)docking - please see [3]. Specifically, I
need to test the behaviour of undocked map display panel when switched to 3D
mode. In the meantime, I am going to prepare locally the branch dealing with
Console panel reorganization. I would also like to address some small bugs I
have revealed when working in Single-Window.

3) Is there any blocking issue?
No, it isn't.

Feel free to share any comments, ideas! Even if it may not be included now,
it is good to know so that it can be included later.

witter.com/…iBA
(https://twitter.com/GRASSGIS/status/1494289478999019523?s=20&t=IxQDRvpI0Cb82I4DfCEiBA)

Have a nice week,

Linda