[GRASS-user] Building 8.2.1: not finding OpenBLASS

Huidae Cho grass4u at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 16:20:34 PDT 2023

Rich,

Checking the OpenBLAS package from
http://www.slackware.com/~alien/slackbuilds/OpenBLAS/pkg64/15.0/, I think
your OpenBLAS installation is somehow broken. doinst.sh should create
symlinks for you automatically on installation, but you don't have them in
/usr/lib64 based on your grep. Maybe, you can try reinstalling it and see
if you get /usr/lib64/libblas.so then. GRASS's configure only checks for
libblas.so, so it won't be able to pick up libopenblas.so as is. The
easiest fix would be just download the package and install it using
installpkg.
http://www.slackware.com/~alien/slackbuilds/OpenBLAS/pkg64/15.0/OpenBLAS-0.3.12-x86_64-1alien.txz

Yeah, unfortunately, SlackBuild for GRASS is still 7.8.0. Maybe, it's no
longer maintained if the maintainer hasn't responded.

Thanks,
Huidae

On Tue, Apr 25, 2023 at 5:11 PM Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, 25 Apr 2023, Huidae Cho wrote:
>
> > I cannot find any support for OpenBLAS in configure. Maybe, you can try
> > symlinking libopenblas.so to libblas.so. I use Slackware64-15 too, but I
> > just use BLAS.
>
> Huidae,
>
> I thought that the line, `--with-blas` included OpenBLAS.
>
> I chose OpenBLAS because the SBo SlackBuild page for grass (for a long
> out-of-date 7.8.0; the maintainer hasn't responded to my request for an
> update) says that OpenBLAS is optimized and includes LAPACK.
>
> Regards,
>
> Rich

Huidae Cho, Ph.D., GISP, /hidɛ <http://ipa-reader.xyz/?text=hid%C9%9B>
t͡ɕo/, 조희대, 曺喜大