[GRASS-user] Shell scripts to define GISDATABASE, location, and mapset; import data

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Apr 27 14:56:11 PDT 2023

I write shell scripts to run modules for analyses, but have always used the
GUI to define locations and/or mapsets before importing data even with starting
grass with the -c option.

What I want to do now when importing project data is to have a script that
defines the location and mapset then imports the data.

I've read the startup program manual page
<https://grass.osgeo.org/grass82/manuals/grass.html> several times today
without seeing how to specify the all three parameters to define a location
and mapset and immediately follow that with a data import command; is --exec
really necessary?

An example file is attached. Please correct my format and I'll use this as a
template for all data imports.

TIA,

Rich