[GRASS-user] Region doesn't match EPSG

Micha Silver tsvibar at gmail.com
Sun Apr 30 12:22:43 PDT 2023

On 30/04/2023 21:47, Rich Shepard wrote:
> When I invoke grass using a location and PERMANENT map set, and try to
> re-project a raster file to it, grass rejects the action because the
> map to
> be transferred has greater boundaries than the target mapset.
>
> The location was created with EPSG:6884
> name: NAD83(CORS96) / Oregon North
> ellps: grs80
> proj: lcc
> lat_0: 43.6666666666667
> lon_0: -120.5
> lat_1: 46
> lat_2: 44.3333333333333
> x_0: 2500000
> y_0: 0
> no_defs: defined
>
> Starting grass in that location and the PERMANENT mapset I find this
> region:
> g.region -p
> projection: 99 (NAD83(CORS96) / Oregon North)
> zone:       0
> datum:      ** unknown (default: WGS84) **
> ellipsoid:  grs80
> north:      1
> south:      0
> west:       0
> east:       1
> nsres:      1
> ewres:      1
> rows:       1
> cols:       1
> cells:      1

What you do is run the r.proj module with the '-g' flag. That gives you
the region settings in the current mapset that would match the region of
the input raster from the other mapset. Then you use those setting as
input to g.region. So:

new_region=`r.proj -g location=<original_location>
mapset=<original_mapset> input=<original_raster>`

g.region -ap $new_region

> What did I do incorrectly? And, how to I fix it so I can reproject the
> map
> to the project's region?
>
> TIA,
>
> Rich