[GRASS-user] r.landscape.evol- reverse erosion modelling

Maria Cecilia Zalazar zalazarmariacecilia at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 07:10:20 PST 2023

Dear community. I wonder if it is possible to use r.landscape.evol to
reverse modelling. I mean, starting from the present topography, erosion
and deposition is calculated backwards in time by adding erosion values and
subtracting deposition values.
Some time ago, Peeters et al (1) used this strategy in WaTEM LT. I think it
would be a few changes to the r.landscape.evol script.

Thanks very much in advance

*(1) Peeters, I., Rommens, T., Verstraeten, G., Govers, G., Van Rompaey,
A., Poesen, J., Van Oost, K., 2006. Reconstructing ancient topography
through erosion modelling. Geomorphology 78, 250-264. Pistocchi, A.,
Cassani, G., Zani, O., n.d. Use of the USPED model for mapping soil erosion
and managing best land conservation practices 7.*

--
MSc. Lic. María Cecilia Zalazar