[GRASS-user] How to use g.extension in GRASS7.8

Bernardo Santos bernardo_brandaum at yahoo.com.br
Tue Jan 10 01:58:53 PST 2023

 Hi Stefan,
this worked perfectly for now! Thanks!BestBernardo
    Em terça-feira, 10 de janeiro de 2023 07:37:15 GMT+1, Stefan Blumentrath <stefan.blumentrath at gmx.de> escreveu:

 Hei Bernardo,

The problem is likely that the layout of the addon repo changed after 7.8.5, thus the path is not constructed correctly by g.extension in that version.

A workaround could be to fetch the add on repo with git (git clone https://github.com/osgeo/grass-addons)

And then point g.extension to your local copy:
g.extension extension=r.area url=./grass-addons/src/raster/r.area

You may need a zip file, but you can try the above first...

Good luck..

Cheers,
Stefan