[GRASS-user] Mini project 2023: Week 7: Improving Single-Window GUI user experience

Linda Kladivová L.Kladivova at seznam.cz
Sun Jan 22 12:30:18 PST 2023

Hello guys,

I am sending my seventh report regarding the GRASS mini-project which is
also available here: [1].

1) What did I complete this week?

We've been iterating a bit in the PR [2] related to button reorganization in
the Console pane. It was important to agree with Anna and Vero on the final
design and I think it is almost at the end in this regard - you can have a
look at the related comments [3]. Moreover, I have been working on the last
topic of my project which is the issue of perspectives (user-defined
layouts). I have opened the PR [4] which saves the current Single-Window
layout into a workspace file.

2) What am I going to achieve for next week?

The next week should be the last week of my project according to the
timeline. Therefore, the goal for the next week is to finish all opened PRs
[2][4][5].

3) Is there any blocking issue?

No, it is not.

[1] https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/wxGUIDevelopment/
ImprovingSingleWindowUX
(https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/wxGUIDevelopment/ImprovingSingleWindowUX)

[2] ​https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/2746
(https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/2746)

[3] https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/2746#issuecomment-1397322228
(https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/2746#issuecomment-1397322228)

[4] https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/2768
(https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/2768)

[5] ​https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/2667
(https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/2667)

Feel free to share any comments, ideas :-)

Have a nice week,

Linda