[GRASS-user] LiDAR data CRS issue

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue May 2 12:01:17 PDT 2023

On Sat, 29 Apr 2023, Rich Shepard wrote:

> I've defined a location using NAD83(2011) / Oregon North (ft). But, the
> prj.adf file for the data is:
> Projection    LAMBERT
> Spheroid      GRS80
> Units         3.280839895013123
> Zunits        NO
> Xshift        0.0
> Yshift        0.0
> Parameters
>  43  0  0.0 /* 1st standard parallel
>  45 30  0.0 /* 2nd standard parallel
> -120 30  0.0 /* central meridian
>  41 45  0.0 /* latitude of projection's origin
> 400000.0 /* false easting (meters)
> 0.0 /* false northing (meters)
>
> This is EPSG: 7019, but it's not a CRS, is it?
>
> How do I define a location that will accept these data?

It turns out that all but one of the LiDAR data collections are corrupted;
the hosting agency cannot import them in their $$$ ESRI software. The one they
can import won't import in grass.

I gave the data manager Lat/Lon corner values for coverage that meets my
needs and he'll try to make a Shapefile that covers that area. I should be
able to import the shapefile then run it through v.to.rast with sufficient
accuracy.

I don't know if QGIS, sagaGIS, or R could read the hdr.adf that grass
cannot.

My thanks to all who tried to help,

Rich