[GRASS-user] Vector map appears empty of detail data

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri May 5 09:07:03 PDT 2023

I need help: there's only one digital topographic data set that includes my
client's operational area. That data set imports into grass with v.in.ogr
and has all the expected files in the vector/ subdirectory.

When I view it with d.vect map=usgs_dem display=shape I see a wide screen
filled with solid blue blocks. Zooming in I see no details. I assume this
one file covers a very wide range of 7.5" topograhic quads and I see no
identifying information in them.

The data subdirectory is uploaded to <https://tinyurl.com/5ckm7tws> and I
ask for help in learning if there is information in it that allows me to get
to the one map I need and use those data for hydrologic analyses.

Thanks in advance,

Rich