[GRASS-user] v.to.rast questions

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed May 10 09:33:56 PDT 2023

On Wed, 10 May 2023, Anna Petrášová wrote:

> Sounds like the vector geometry was already 3D, that's the case when you
> use use=z. If the vector would be 2D (see v.info) you would have to use the
> attribute table.

Anna,

When I used the 2D file, regardless of which parameter I used or both,
v.to.rast told me the file was not 3D. That's why I converted it. When
'use=z' failed I tried 'attribute_column=ContourEle' with the same result.

Now I have the rasterized contour map (image attached) and need to learn how
to use it to create flowlines, flow accumulations, and more. It does not
have the 1'x1' cells each with a color representing the elevation.

Is there an r.* module to interpolate elevations between the contour lines
so I have cells?

This is all new to me so I appreciate all the help I get.

Regards,

Rich