[GRASS-user] v.to.rast: advice needed

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed May 10 12:08:28 PDT 2023

On Wed, 10 May 2023, Maris Nartiss wrote:

> I think you need to interpolate and not simply convert vector lines to
> raster lines. Make sure lines have an attribute with elevation (or z
> coordinate) and use e.g. v.surf.rst module.

Māris.

Interpolating the vector contour file before rasterizing makes sense to me,
too. Never before having to convert a vector elevation contour file to a
raster file I'd no idea which v.surf.* module to apply.

The vector file has a ContourEle attribute with the elevation values.

I'm taking your advice and will use v.surf.rast.

This project has more topography data issues than any I've encountered since
I started using grass with version 4.0 (all integer, all CLI.)

Very much appreciated,

Rich