[GRASS-user] v.in.ascii data error

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon May 22 10:06:22 PDT 2023

I've added elevation and a feature name to the standard format v.in.ascii
file. Grass reports an import error; the same error occurs without those two
added columns. I'm not seeing the error, your fresh eyes will see it.

Data file:
B 5
  45.654023|-122.980241|393|Shop
  45.653931|-122.980315|393|Shop
  45.653960|-122.979910|393|Shop
  45.653856|-122.979831|393|Shop
  45.654023|-122.980241|393|Shop

Command:
v.in.ascii -z in=$HOME/projects/oregon/northside-rock/data/shop.txt out=maintenance_bldg format=standard sep=pipe cat=0 x=1 y=2 z=3 columns='x double precision, y double precision, z integer, label char(4)' --o

Results:
v.in.ascii -z in=$HOME/projects/oregon/northside-rock/data/shop.txt out=maintenance_bldg format=standard sep=pipe cat=0 x=1 y=2 z=3 columns='x double precision, y double precision, z integer, label char(4)' --o
WARNING: Unexpected data in vector header:
          [B 5]
ERROR: Import failed

I've not calculated a centroid; intend to use v.centroid to add the point to
the bound area.

Help appreciated,

Rich