[GRASS-user] Mini project 2024: Third progress report

Linda Karlovská linda.karlovska at seznam.cz
Mon Apr 22 00:39:53 PDT 2024

Hello guys,

I am sending my third progress report from working on the GRASS mini project
called Easy command history navigation through the History browser panel.
You can also access the detailed report here: [1].

1) What did I complete?
I completed the PR [2] which enables storing more information about executed
commands. Newly, commands are stored in JSON format and then displayed as
the command info in the history pane. I also completed the relocation of the
Export history button from the Console pane to the History pane (PR [3]).

Besides that, I am working on [4] and [5]. The first PR creates a new button
for setting the current region to the region used during the command
execution. This PR is awaiting the final review. The second contribution
adds time branching to the history browser tree and is currently waiting for
the review.

2) What am I going to achieve for the next two weeks?
I would like to merge both [4] and [5]. Subsequently, I plan to shift my
focus toward visualization of command status. I plan to add icons in front
of command nodes representing possible states (success, failed, in process,
aborted). Regarding the status, it would also be nice to show the complete
error text if a command fails. (Now there is “failed” written but no clue
what happened).

3) Is there any blocking issue?
No, it isn’t. I have just been much more busy the last two months since on
the 19th of February, my two-member family expanded by one little guy, my
son Vilem. So any work has gone kind of slowly over the last two months… 🙂

Have a nice week.

Linda

[1] https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/wxGUIDevelopment/
EasyCommandHistoryNavigation#Reportforweeks5and6
(https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/wxGUIDevelopment/EasyCommandHistoryNavigation#Reportforweeks5and6)
[2] https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/3365
(https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/3365)
[3] https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/3402