[GRASS-user] Boxplots based on raster data in GRASS GIS

sibylle.stoeckli at gmx.ch sibylle.stoeckli at gmx.ch
Wed Apr 24 01:05:40 PDT 2024

Dear community

After installing GRASS GIS 8.3.2 (windows), setting all the correct paths to
run rstudio within a GRASS GIS session (many thanks to the community!) and
installing the addon r.boxplot, I was able to run part of the code in
example 1

https://ecodiv.earth/post/drawing-boxplots-of-raster-values/

Great tool, I was able to produce the boxplot using GUI or the command line.

Example 1

# Import the required library

library(rgrass)

# Set the region and MASK

execGRASS("g.region", flags="a", vector="TALregion",

          raster="LAI300_20140920")

execGRASS("r.mask", vector="TALregion")

However, I received the error message, that r.boxplot is not found. I tried
to install r.boxplot via r package, however, there is no r.boxplot r
package. Searching the GRASS GIS  help, I am not aware of an additional code
section for r.boxplot?

Kind regards

Sibylle