[GRASS-user] Introduction to the mini project called Easy command history navigation through the History browser panel

Veronica Andreo veroandreo at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 10:27:40 PST 2024

Great Linda! Thanks for this email to the community! We'll certainly need
feedback and testing!

Perhaps you could then share a link to the wiki or github project where
you'll be reporting and/or managing tasks?

Looking forward to your contributions and more GUI enhancements!
Vero

El mar, 2 ene 2024 a las 4:27, Linda Karlovská via grass-user (<
grass-user at lists.osgeo.org>) escribió:

> Hello GRASS users,
>
> I'd like to introduce you to the student mini-project that I will be
> working on in the upcoming months. It is once again GUI-related and
> essentially involves refining and extending the new history browser panel,
> which was merged into the GRASS development branch about one month ago.
>
> Right now, the panel is pretty basic. It shows the plain command history
> and you can click on the command and open the module dialog with pre-filled
> items. Quite helpful but any info about commands is completely missing. So
> the plan for this project is to add in some cool stuff, such as:
>
> 1) Allowing more information to be stored for each executed command, such
> as execution time, runtime duration, status code, region settings, if a
> mask was set, etc.
>
> 2) Creating a context menu with options for "Run Command" and "Show Info."
> "Show Info" will display a small dialog showing above-described
> information.
>
> 3) Adding a symbol (green checkmark, yellow dot, or red cross) in front of
> each command in the tree based on the command's status value (completed, in
> progress, failed).
>
> 4) Branching the history tree based on the date of command execution
> (commands from a specific day could be rolled up).
>
> 5) Filtering commands based on the status code (completed, in progress,
> failed)
>
> Possibly some other things could be added “along the way” based on the
> discussion with the community. I plan to set up the mini-project page and
> regularly send updates about the progress. Feel free to let me know if you
> have any questions or suggestions.
>
> Wishing you all a nice week,
> Linda

Dra. Verónica Andreo