[GRASS-user] computing percent cover

Janet Choate jsc.eco at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 17:09:45 PDT 2024

Hi GRASS community,
I downloaded land cover data from NLCD and reclassed values into 6
categories to generate a vegetation/landcover type raster (tree, shrub,
grass, non-veg, water, developed) that is composed of IDs (i.e. 11=tree,
5-shrub, etc...)
I also have a 90 meter patch raster.
Any given 90 meter patch may have more than one vegetation type
ID occurring in it.
I would like to generate percent coverage maps to find the percent that
each vegetation type occupies of each patch (i.e. patch 1 is composed of
60% tree, 30% shrub, 10%grass).
Is it possible to compute percent cover from a vegetation type ID map?
Any advice would be much appreciated, I have unsuccessfully tried to do
this in GRASS as well as R.
thank you,
Janet

--