[GRASSweb-list]FWD: Grass 5.0 Link Down?

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Sun Dec 1 12:37:58 EST 2002

Hi Thomas,

On Fri, Nov 29, 2002 at 12:00:55PM -0500, Thomas S. Blue wrote:

> ...I found
> "www.geog.uni-hannover.de/grass/grass5/binary/windows_cygnus/" to be
> working (after a bit of a search around!)...

.. so you didn't make use of the mirror's list (please let me
know how to improve that).

[...]
> > I wasn't quite sure who to send this to...

The 'weblist' is a good address for that.

> > I briefly used GRASS several years ago. I'd like to try it out again
> > now that it looks like y'all are porting it to MSWindows. However, I
> > can't seem to access the download page
> > (grass.baylor.edu/pub/grass/grass5/binary). Do y'all know if this link
> > is good?

It seems to be broken for some weeks now. No idea why (I have no
access there).

The main site is
grass.itc.it

another US mirror is
grass.ibiblio.org

Sorry for the inconvenice but I cannot help that...

 Markus

--
Markus Neteler

ITC-irst, Istituto per la Ricerca Scientifica e Tecnologica
      Project on Predictive Models for the Environment
tel +39 0461 314 520 (fax -591)           http://mpa.itc.it