[GRASSweb-list]voxel approach useable for 3D route optimisation?

Christoph Dreiser cdr at geodata.it
Tue Jul 9 10:46:17 EDT 2002

Dear GRASS-Experts
As a total ignorant with regrads to GRASS, I just came across the fact that
GRASS supports voxels.
Being programmable, I wonder whether it would be possible to use this voxel
concept to develop a 3D route optimisation tool for road alignments. I.e.
having voxels with attributes such as geological stability and cut a road
alignment through this, calulating the the total resistance. Very much like
in a 2D cost surface path analysis, only in 3D.
Given the existing tools in GRASS (which I am not aware of in detail) would
that be possible?
C.Dreiser