[GRASSweb-list]Contributors for GRASS Webpages

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Wed Aug 6 08:08:08 EDT 2003

On Tue, Aug 05, 2003 at 10:13:50AM +0200, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
[...]
> I think that the GRASS webpages have generally reached a good level.

I don't think so:

- new programmers cannot easily understand
   - where to contribute
   - how to warm up with GRASS programming
- new users are confused how to install GRASS

This is not only my impression, but was reported to me from various
people.

Also the main menu visible everywhere is needed.
We have
find . -name '*.html' | wc -l
   2115
html pages without much site structure. Brrr.

Also 2115 web pages are too much to be maintained only
by me.

Looking at other web sites
 http://fink.sourceforge.net/
 http://www.mozilla.org/
etc
show that a better overall structure is possible.

[I have put this CVS log stats into the message as it is
 posted to this mailing list in order to provoke an answer.
 It worked perfectly :-)
]

Best,

 Markus