[GRASSweb-list]Mirror for Indian subcontinent

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Aug 27 06:00:54 EDT 2003

Hello,

On Tue, Aug 26, 2003 at 07:21:26PM +0530, bhaskaran wrote:
> We are a Linux company developing Linux distribution and desktop edition
> Indian market.
>
> We have our own distribution called " Peoples Linux " mainly targeting
> the desk top users.
>
> We would like to mirror your site in India. We would also like to bundle
> GRASS as part of our peoples linux distribution for offering to clients
> in India and Asia.

Great!
Help is very much appreciated.

> Please advise modalities and your terms.

Both is possible without any further actions from our side.
Read the section about how to become a mirror on
	http://www.geog.uni-hannover.de/grass/grass.mirrors.html

Follow the instructions to become a 2nd tier mirror
and let us know when this works stably.

As for including GRASS into your GNU/Linux distribution,
you are very much welcome to do it. GRASS is Free Software under GNU GPL.
Take the latest stable tarball and package it.

Naturally some of your packagers would wand to subscribe to the
development list to follow what is going on. Also they might want to post
their patches if any there.

Best,
	Bernhard