[GRASSweb-list]Help

kss kss at iconnect.co.ke
Wed Dec 31 01:53:53 EST 2003

I recently downloaded GRASS 5.0.2 (binary code) and successfully
installed the software on my pc running on Linux.  However, upon
launching Grass, and after typing “tcltkgrass&” to start the graphical
user interface, I get the following message:

“GRASS:~ > /usr/local/grass5/bin/tcltkgrass: line 3: exec: wish: not
found”

What could be the problem or what am I missing?  I have no previous
programming experience, and I am fresh in Unix/Linux.

Any help/advice will be appreciated.  Thank you and THANK GOD FOR GRASS!

Matolo Nyamai
Kenya Soil Survey
Kenya

matolonyamai at yahoo.com