[GRASSweb-list]Help required

Mark Sawyer Mark at mri-globalsearch.com
Wed Jan 15 04:53:29 EST 2003

To whom it may concern,

My name is Mark Sawyer, and I am an Executive Search Consultant.  A client
of mine has requested that I find a GIS Developer for them, however the
brief is proving to be somewhat difficult.  Does you know of anyone who is
qualified against the following brief:-

Major Telecoms company, UK, Midlands based requires a GIS Developer.

Key purpose of the role is to design and develop ad-hoc tools to allow GIS
analysis of pricing strategies to be completed.  To maintain and enhance
on-line pricing tools.  To create database generators to complete complex
pricing algorithms and strategies.  Toi design and develop future
applications to allow geomarketing and sales strategies/promotions to be
generated and distributed internally.  Also to help and enable
Statistical/GIS analysis to be completed on access pricing strategies.

The technical requirements are very stringent, see below.

Essential skills - 1yr plus practical work experience

GIS application ( desktop + intranet)
Visual Basic
Microsoft Office (Specifically Access + Excel)
Oracle (connecting to + use as a developer), including Oracle spatial
funcions
Web application development using 	Java - Servlets + Applets
					HTML
					Javascript
					Web/Java server management/setup etc
Oracle DBA Skills (setup,maintainence and support)
MapInfo/MapBasic/MapXtreme

Salary is negotiable, however ideal target base would be somebody on £25-30k
basic currently.

I look forward to any help you could possibly give.

Kind regards

Mark Sawyer
Executive Search Consultant
MRI Worldwide