[GRASSweb-list]Mirror Sites out of sync accusations

Dan Jacobson jidanni at jidanni.org
Fri Jul 4 17:24:25 EDT 2003

>> I looked at the front page of the Taiwan site. It seems kind of fresh.

M> No, it is not.
M> ftp://grass.itc.it/pub/grass
-> File: grass_addons.html  8 KB  07/01/2003  11:10:00 AM

M> ftp://ftp1.sinica.edu.tw/pub4/GIS/grass/
-> grass_addons.html. . . . . . . . . . . . Mar  6 13:27      7k

I was looking at the http site.

>> Also, on the mirrors page, list the names, TEL no's and emails and
>> Homepages of each mirror maintainer.

M> Look into the source code of that page, the contact addresses are
M> stored as comment inside.

See, if they were visible I would have seen all along it was
Mr. Veevee  and CC'd him.  You see, most GIS people know each other
originally.  No wonder your mirrors keep getting sick.  Users can't
tell that the mirror maintainer might even just be a few offices down
the hall from them!