[GRASSweb-list]Copyright and License

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Mar 7 15:06:48 EST 2003

Dear Mr. Zhao,

GRASS is Free Software which means you can
use, study, distribute and improve it.
This is is granted by the license (GNU GPL in GRASS' case)
any Free Software license comes gratis.
For Background see:

http://fsfeurope.org/documents/freesoftware.en.html

So you cannot buy a license for GRASS it already gives you one.

The result of GRASS is completely in your hands,
thus you can of course make business maps with GRASS.

Best,
	Bernhard