[GRASSweb-list]Centralisation of GIS through ESRI and ERDAS

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Mar 31 04:23:49 EST 2003

On Mon, Mar 31, 2003 at 11:05:39AM +0200, Markus Neteler wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 29, 2003 at 01:03:36PM -0600, Daan Vreugdenhil wrote:

> > I recently heard about GRASS and was enthousiastic about the concepts of
> > free GIS software.  This can be a very inportant aid for lots of
> > developing countries where I work!
>
> Right: You may also want to look at
> http://www.freegis.org

There are many Free Software geoapplications listed there.
Some can be installed very easily even on w32 platforms,
some are aimed at the experienced computer user.

> > Thoough I am not a advanced GIS expert, I do manage a number of
> > applications necessary in my field, and I am certainly not a computer
> > illiterate.  If a person like I cannot find and download, let alone
> > install the programme, there either is something wrong in the
> > presentation of the availability of the programme in your website design
> > or in accessibility of your programme for a broader public.

Have you tried GNU/Linux yet?
If you use a GNU/Linux distribution like Mandrake, RedHat or Debian,
there are comfortable way to install software.

	www.mandrakelinux.com

Best,
	Bernhard Reiter
--
Professional Service for Free Software                 (intevation.net)
The FreeGIS Project                                       (freegis.org)