[GRASSweb-list][RFC] GRASS monthly news

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Oct 23 05:51:26 EDT 2003

On Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 11:45:11AM +0200, Markus Neteler wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 21, 2003 at 07:34:35PM +0200, Bernhard Reiter wrote:

> > The best examples for project newsletters I sometimes read
> > are the one from Abiword and Debian Weekly news.
> > If we manage to publish something regular we probably get featured
> > on LWN soon.
>
> Please also have a look at "Rnews" from the R statistical project.
> They do a good job, the "Rnews" is well accepted.
> http://cran.r-project.org/doc/Rnews/

Rnews is a lot more effort though,
I don't recommend starting out like this.
Especially I could not directly find a HTML version,
but the HTML version is the most important one to bring more
life into it. Not many people read pdf versions unless it is printed.

And a prited GRASS periodical seems to be too much to tackle
currently. And if you wanted to have it, we could bring in
a couple of other "printed" periodicals around projects,
which are well done. ;-)