[GRASSweb-list]GRASS on CD-ROM page?

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Mon Sep 8 12:10:09 EDT 2003

On Mon, Sep 08, 2003 at 05:41:37PM +0200, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 08, 2003 at 05:09:06PM +0200, Markus Neteler wrote:
> > On Mon, Sep 08, 2003 at 04:55:18PM +0200, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
>
> > > It probably is not polite to just to a change
> > > which could potentially be controversal
> > > without asking about the structure first. :)
> >
> > Well........
>
> > If I would ask for every major change (say, 25% a.k.a. some
> > hundred changes) and wait one day for comments, I would wait
> > years.
>
> Yes,
> my intention was only to explain why I've asked
> not to criticise you. :)

Please criticise me :-) No problem.

> Your way of doing things is good.
> It was fine for you to change it without asking.

I have asked the author (me) and he agreed :-)
Seriously: All changes are posted automatically to this list,
please read these emails and comment.

> But for me in this situation I feld
> that changing it back without asking would be impolite.

The main question is what to change back. The acquire page
was almost obsolete as Georg doesn't deliver CDROMs any more.
So I migrated the "FreeGIS" entry to
cdrom.html

> So for the general process if somebody has a hint
> or a critism they should just speak up when they notice it.

Of course!!

> This way the people doing the webpages (95% Markus)
> can even improve their already great work!

Basically the number of pages should be reduced:

find . -name '*.html' |wc -l
   2259

In the CVS web are
find . -name '*.html' |wc -l
    250
pages. Way to many.

Markus

--
Markus Neteler     <neteler at itc.it>       http://mpa.itc.it
ITC-irst, Istituto per la Ricerca Scientifica e Tecnologica