[GRASSweb-list]grass 5.0.3 doesn't find gd 2.0.8

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Aug 20 05:42:57 EDT 2004

Hallo Karel,

thanks for reporting problems  with GRASS.
Please note that you have reached the mailings for webmasters.

A better place to report technical problems is the bug tracker
and the development list.

http://grass.ibiblio.org/bugtracking/bugreport.html
http://grass.ibiblio.org/grassdevel.html

I also suggest to cut down the typescript to the most significant parts.

Regards,
	Bernhard

On Wed, Aug 18, 2004 at 08:27:53PM +0000, Karel Kulhavý wrote:
> Hello
>
> Sorry for forgetting attaching the typescript:
>
> REQUIREMENTS.html of grass 5.0.3 says libgd preferrably 2.x series.
> I have installed 2.0.8 libgd version and no other libgd version.
> However grass 5.0.3 refuses to configure with a message that libgd
> can't be found. I even tried specifying --with-gd-include.
>
> typescript included where everything is shown including presence of
> the required gd files on the system and their recentness.
>
> CL<

> Script started on Wed Aug 18 20:20:20 2004
> clock at beton:~$ cd grass-5.0.3
> clock at beton:~/grass-5.0.3$ ./configure --without-postgres --without-odbc --with-
freetype